Background: I often thought about open sourcing many of the little projects I create from time to time, but until now I never went on with it. The reason: I’ve got pretty strong perfectionist tendencies against which I’m always struggling, and releasing unpolished code that I’ve quickly hacked up to solve some practical little problem doesn’t bode well with those tendencies.
But with this one I got many feature requests that I already know I won’t have time to implement. So I decided to publish the code anyway and see what happens. Just consider it what it is: A quick hack I created in one afternoon, and polished just a little bit the day after. Have fun with it!
PS: I thought about it and decided not to release the “artwork”, because having more extensions on the Chrome market with the same look would be confusing. The extension works anyway as it is, but if you add a button icon in an “images” folder it will look better.
To discuss on HN: link